York Revolution @ Ducks

The York Revolution played the Ducks in late afternoon game yesterday.  The Ducks changed the Sunday games to 5:05 so the fans did not have to sit in the afternoon heat. I was never able to get there for the 1:10 games because of softball. 
Like I had mentioned in past posts. The Ducks have a pregame autograph session that lasts about 15 minutes. Since I'm done with cards for any current Ducks. I've been slowly taking pics of the players and the printing them on 8x10's and getting those signed. Yesterday I got the following signed on 8x10's.
Eric Niesen, Former Met farmhand
Joash Brodin, Joash was a recent signing when the London Rippers of the Frontier League folded. Has never played in affiliated ball. If he continues to hit the way he is. He may find himself with an invite for next season.
Jared Lansford, Son of former major leaguer Carney Lansford
Matt Esquivel, was a 5th round pick in 2002 by the Braves getting as high as AA. 
Jeremy Hill, pitched for the Royals in 2002 and 2003. Has also pitched in the Mets and Angles systems.
Chris Flinn, Local product. Pitched in the Rays system
After the Ducks autograph session I headed over to the Revs side. I got the following all on cards
Chris Water, 1 card. Has pitched in the Majors in 2008 and 2009 with the Orioles and has also pitched in the Braves and Brewers systems. Chris started and when he came out of the dugout. Told me he would get me after the game. I was the only one looking for him and after the game he came right over to me and signed.
Ryan Feierabend, 1 card. Ryan pitched for the Mariners in 2006-2008 in the majors and has also pitched in the Phillies and Reds systems.
Joe Thurston, 2 cards. He did not seem like he wanted to sign at all and I was told by a few kids that he refused the night before. Last night he said he would sign after the game. While waiting for Waters, Thurston did sign.
Cory Thurman, 2 cards. Cory pitched in majors with the Jays back in 2002-2003
The only player to ignore us was former Oriole, Jeff Fioretino. He walked by us twice and didn't even acknowledge us. 

After the game I decided I was not going to wait for Fiorentino. So, I finally went and got my Timo Perez GU bat signed. It has been sitting in my car for the past 4 weeks or so. I figured I'd try the gold SRX instead of the silver and it looks great.

This past Saturday I went to a local signing and got former Yankees Mickey Rivers and Ron Blomberg on 8x10's and had Blomberg add "Jewish HOF 2004". Blomberg was famous for being the first player to be a DH in a game. April 17th 1973 while the Yankees where playing the Redsox at Fenway. In his first AB, Luis Tiant walked him with the bases loaded.
Tomorrow night Aaron Boone will be at a local store. If you spend $25 you get a free autograph.
I'm thinking of heading down to Trenton this weekend. Bowie is in town and Dylan Bundy was just promoted. 

Also feel free to make comments and let me know what you think. 
Thanks for Looking and Check back soon!

Comments