Adam Sandler......

Some of the up and coming posts will be about things I've never tried to graph in the past and they may not be in order based on dates.

As the title says I got Adam Sandler during the first week in August, I graphed a movie set for the first time ever.  The filming was done in various locations here on Long Island. 
Sandler was filming a NetFlix movie called "The Week of". 
He had been on the island filming for probably a month. But, I never got a chance to give it a try. Since I had never graphed a movie set I really didn't know what to expect. I did my best to get some info ahead of time from a friend who had been got Sandler recently.  I also had some inside info from a co-worker who lived not far from the set while it was filming in Glen Cove. My co-worker knew some of the local police, who told them the location. 
The film crew took over a parking lot at a church to set up wardrobe trucks and the actors trailers and  rented a house around the block from the church to do the filming. 
From what I had been told Sandler was great with the community around the set, he visited the local fire department and even showed up at a local park and played basketball with some local kids.
The day I got his autograph, I knew were to go. But, was not sure what time I'd see him. I showed to site around 3:30 in the afternoon and had to park in the street. The street the house that was being used to shoot the film on was closed by local police and I was told to hang around near the trailers.
I chatted with a security guard who gave me some useful info. When I arrived they were shooting in the house.  I basically waited around for about 5 hours before seeing Sandler. 
The parking lot had barricades around the perimeter. So, I had to wait outside the barricades in the area near his trailer. 
While waiting, Sandler's personal security guard walked over and started asking me questions. Why are you here? I just told him I was looking for an autograph or 2 and wanted to meet him. Then he asked If he signs, would the it go on ebay? Then basically told me he didn't want to see me again looking for autographs and said the crowds that showed up in the past weeks were the same guys. 
He was cool about things, once he realized I was not a dealer.
He then told me that Sandler was not feeling well and didn't think he would sign. I had already been there almost 5 hours at the that point and just decided I would wait alittle longer and give it a shot. 
Shortly after, Sandler got in his SUV and stopped at the barricade and signed two 8x10's for me. 
He gave me a nice autograph on the first photo and then the second he signed on the dark spot and the autograph looked worse. I was happy I got him once good auto from him
There was only one other person waiting for him and he only wanted a selfie with him



Next up will be another celebrity and a Rangers Alumni Charity Hockey Game.

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!

Comments