Southern Maryland Bluecrabs @ Ducks, Game 4 Liberty Division Playoffs

Saturday night the Southern Maryland Bluecrabs played the Ducks in game 4 of the Liberty Division playoffs. Unlike the Major Leagues, the Atlantic League plays best of 5 game series. The Ducks won games 1 and 2 in Southern Maryland and came home needing to only win 1 more to advance to the Atlantic League Championship. The Ducks took a 3-2 lead into the 8th when former D-Backs pitcher Leo Rosales gave up a 2 run shot to Jesse Gutierrez a former Reds minor leaguer. The Ducks could score in the 8th and 9th.
As far as autographs go, I didn't need that many from either team. I had a few 8x10's for the Ducks and a few cards as well. I got the following on 8x10's,
Mitch Canham, he has played in the Padreas, A's and Cards system getting as high as AAA. He was on the Ducks roster at the beginning of the season. But, was selected by the Cardinals and was sent to AAA Memphis. After playing in 18 games he was released and signed back with the Ducks
Matt Way, he has played in the Phillies system getting as high as Advanced A. He was a recently acquired from Laredo Lemurs of the American Association for future considerations. Matt has been one of the bright spots in the Ducks pitching rotation and as far as I'm concerned the reason the Ducks advanced.
Lee Cruz, he as played in the White Sox and Astros systems getting as high as AAA. Lee was also recently acquired from the Kansas City T-bones of the American Association. Lee has showed some power hitting 7 homers in his 21 games as a Duck.
The Ducks I needed on cards are,
Leo Rosales, 1 card. Leo pitched for the D-Backs in 2008, 09 and 10. I believe he was injured in 2011 and pitched in the ATL hoping to get another look from a major league team. Leo was also recently acquired from the Camden Riversharks. He was 3-2 in 36 games with a 1.42 ERA and 6 saves.
Nick DeBarr, 3 cards. Nick has played in the Rays and Dodgers system getting as high as AAA. Nick was also recently acquired from the Grand Prairie Airhogs in the American Association.
On the Blue Crabs side I was got the following on cards,
Kevin Hart, 3 cards. Kevin is a former major league pitcher who pitched for the Cubs and Pirates from 2007-2009
Dan Reichert, 3 cards. Dan has pitched for the Royals and Blue Jays from 1999-2003.
Brian Barton, 2 cards. Brian has played for the Cardinals and most recently the Braves in 2009.

The 2 top pictures are mine. Lee Cruz on top left and Matt Way on the right. The bottom left is Mitch Canham


I was unable to make it to game 5 to see the Ducks win and advance. But, I'm hoping to make it to at least 1 of the games for the Championship series. The Ducks are playing the Lancaster Barnstormers for the trophy.


Here are some pictures of some of my additions to my memorabilia collection.
                                                             Alex Cora 2009 GU BP Hat
                                                                       Mike Pelfrey 2009 GU Hat
                                                                    Jon Niese 2009 GU Hat
 I had picked up a load of Locker Name plates, all MLB authenticated and had the chance to get Shane Spencer to sign this one for me at a local show a couple of weeks ago.

                                                            Cowboy Stadium Seat Back
 Tidewater Tides GU Jersey from the late 80's with a LOA from the Norfolk Tides. For those who do not recognize this jersey. The Tides were the Mets AAA team for years. Notice colors and style resembles the Mets jersey of the same time period. They later changed there name from Tidewater to the Norfolk Tides and are now the Orioles AAA team.
Pierre Garcon GU signed cleat. This was one of those shot in the dark Ebay bids that I never expected to win. I woke up the next morning to find a message on my phone that I won it. Rather cheap for a GU cleat. As you can see it did come with a LOA. But, I'm not confident it is real.

Since the NHL season is in jeopardy, this may be my last IP success post until next baseball season. I'm hoping they can work things out soon. I think I will go crazy during the winter not doing any IP graphing.
I was even thinking of trying Bridgeport, the Islanders top minor league team. Its a short ferry ride to Bridgeport and a short walk to the arena. Or I may even give basketball a try in Brooklyn or NYC.
If anyone has a tips on Bridgeport or basketball, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks for Looking and Check back soon!!

                                                             




Comments