Lightning @ Islanders....

Its been awhile since I posted about any IP success. 
Yesterday the Tampa Bay Lightning came to town to play the Islanders. Its most likely the last Islander game I graph for the year and was hoping to get all the big names. We never saw Steve Stamkos and Martin St. Louis, they both took the bus before and after the morning skate. So, that just left Vincent Lecavalier. I had never graphed the Lightning before and was hearing that he was not a great signer. But, today I guess I lucked out. He walked and signed for everyone. I got him on an 8x10. Others I got on there own 8x10's are Sami Salo, Ben Bishop who was recently acquired at the trade deadline, Mathieu Garon and the 3rd goalie on the roster Anders Lindback. On my logo sheet I got the following:
Eric Brewer, Victor Hedman, Radko Gudas, Keith Aulie, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Tyler Johnson, Matt Taomina and former NHL players and current coaches Steve Thomas and Daniel Lacroix.  
The one Big name I got on the Logo was current Lighting GM and NHL Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman. He did not sign for everyone and I did not think he would travel with the team. So, I had nothing for him. Oh Well, If I ever graph the Lightning again atleast I know to be better prepared. 
I also attended the game. So, when I went home I looked thru what I had left of my hockey cards and found and Yzerman card. I've been sitting in the same seats for about 5 years now and the seats are close to the elevator that takes the visiting teams personal up to there suites. When I got to the arena the crowd waiting was pretty large. When he did come thru he signed for maybe 3 people and went up the elevator.
After the game I still had one more chance. So, I went back to the area after the game and this time there where even more people. But, when he came down he was not looking to happy after the Isles beat the Lightning and he did not sign. A couple of guys stood in front of him and he just pushed his way thru the crowd. 





You can see the Yzerman on the logo. Since he is the only decent name on the logo. I guess I could cut this up and make a custom Cut Signature card. But, I will leave it alone for now.
In addition to missing out on Stamkos and St. Louis. I also miss out on Matt Carle, the former Flyer and B.J Crombeen.

Some of the new Islanders also stay at the Marriot. The only Islander I was wanted that was staying at the Marriot was Anders Lee.  Anders was drafted by the Islanders in the 6th round of the 2009 draft. He just finished his senior season at Notre Dame and was put on the Islanders roster. He scored his first NHL goal in his debut and was mobbed by graphers who wanted his autograph. I found a great photo of him just after he scored and had him sign that.

. After the Lighting walked, I went over to the Islanders side like I always do. I do not do a Logo sheet for the Islanders. I just print out 8x10's for each player. 
The one Islander I missed out on was John Tavares, he left with Michael Grabner and they did not stop at the top of the ramp like they usually do. 
I got the following on 8x10's, Radek Martinek, Mark Striet, Brad Boyes.

Then I had taken a photo from my seat during the national anthem last time I went to a game and I was able to get 3 out of the 6 players. Kyle Okposo, Thomas Hickey and Frans Nielson. 
I never saw Poulin, missed out on Visnovsky while getting Okposo and missed Bailey because he also did not stop at the top of the ramp.

It was not a bad day. I ended up with 22 autographs. 

The plan was to graph the NY Rangers next weekend. But, the Long Island Ducks are having a Fan Fest and if you have not heard the Ducks in recent days have signed former Big Leaguers Vlad Guerrero and Dontrelle Willis. The Ducks start the season on the road and If Vlad gets off to a good start I think he will be picked up by a Big League team soon. So, I do not want to miss a chance to get him before he leaves. 
The Ducks have a team full of Former Big Leaguers  this season including Bill Murphy, Ian Snell, Leo Rosales, Bryant Nelson and former Met catcher Ramon Castro. It should be a great year for the Ducks and I'm hoping they repeat as ATL Champs.
So far I have 3 GU jerseys I'm hoping to get signed. Ian Snell, Julian Taveraz and Brandon Jones and also picked up a GU Bat from Koby Clemens who most of you know is Roger Clemens son. 

Thanks you for looking and Check Back soon!!!

Comments