Patriots @ Ducks

Last night the Somerset Patriots played the Ducks in the opening game of a 3 game series. It is my 5th Duck game of the season and 7th overall for the 2013 season.
I had missed out on a few guys last time the Patriots were in town. I also got a few more cards for other players I didn't have.
In addition to the game, Former Major League Veteran Frank Catalanotto did a book appearance during the game. Signing copies of his book called "Heart and Hustle". http://www.heartandhustlebook.com/
Frank played 14 years in the Majors with the Tigers, Rangers, Blue Jays, Brewers and he ended his career with a short stint with the Mets in 2010. Frank is also a Long Island product who was drafted in the 10th round in 1992 by the Detroit Tigers out of Smithtown East High School. Frank is a lifetime 0.291 hitter and has his best season in 2001 hitting 0.330. In his 14 years he batted 0.300 or above 4 times.
I've met Frank on a couple of other occasions when he signed autographs. He is one of the nice guys. I guess I've turned into a Frank Catalanotto memorabila collector. I already have a GU Bat and Rangers Locker name plate signed. Tonight I had Frank sign a 2010 Spring Training Team issued Mets Jersey in addition to a copy of his book.

I still have 2 Blue Jay Locker name plates I hope to get signed in the future.
I'm a collector of autographs and memorabilia from past and present players who come from Long Island.
Frank also has his own website http://www.frankcatalanotto.com/. He also started a foundation to support  Vascular Birthmarks. http://www.fcatalanotto.org/

As far as the other autographs I got last night. They are as follows:
Lou Montanez, 2 cards. Lou was a 1st Round, 3rd overall pick in 2000 by the Cubs. He played for the O's during the 2008-2010 seasons and the Cubs in 2011. Lou surprised us last night by signing. Last time the Patriots played the Ducks, Lou ignored everyone on more than 1 occasion.
Jake Fox, 1 card. Jake has played with the Cubs, A's and O's in the Majors. Most recently with the O's in 2011.
Josh Kroeger, 2 cards. Josh played 22 games in 2004 with the D-Backs. Since then he has made his rounds around the minors with the Phillies, Cubs, White Sox, Marlins, Red Sox and Braves.
Mitch Atkins, 2 cards. Mitch has spent parts of 3 seasons in the Majors with the Cubs and O's. Most recently in 2011 with Baltimore.
James Hoey, 1 card. James pitched parts of 2006 and 2007 with the O's and most recently in 2011 witht the Twins. He started the 2013 season in Brewers system pitching in AAA.
Brad Thompson, 3 cards. Brad is a 6 year Major League Veteran. Pitching for the Cardinals from 2005- 2009 and most recently for the Royals in 2010.
Mike Wilson GU Bat. I mentioned Mike in my last post when I graphed the Patriots. I waited till after the game near the bus to get the bat signed and was the only graphing. He was real nice about signing the bat.



I walked over to the Ducks side but most players had already left. So, I decided to call it a night around 11:30pm.

York Revolution come to town starting Tuesday night. I will most likely go on Wednesday night since I had things to do on Tuesday and Thursday.

I do not have any other games planned until the end of the month when I go to Scranton, Binghamton and then Cooperstown. But, I'm sure I will do something.

Thanks for Reading and Check Back soon!






Comments