86 Mets and NY Giants

The last couple of weeks I added 3 NY Giants to my Giants Stadium Seatback and added two 86 Mets to my replica 86 World Series Ticket

A new Dick's Sporting Good opened locally and they had Chris Snee doing a signing. Chris was a 2nd rd pick in 2004 out of Boston College. He was a Guard from 2004-2013. During his career he was a 4x Pro Bowl, 3x All-Pro and played on 2 Super Bowl Champion teams with the Giants. He was forced to retire due to injury.
During September and October Stop and Shop grocery stores in the NY Tri-State area are having former NY Giants doing signings. I was unable to make any of them until this past weekend. Unfortantly they were not local. I drove up to Eastchester and then New Rochelle and added Karl Nelson and Bart Oates to the seatback.
Bart Oates played for the Giants from 1985-1993 and then with the 49ers from 1994-1995. He was on 2 Super Bowl Champions teams with the Giants and 1 with the 49ers. He also appeared in 5 Pro Bowls.
Karl Nelson  was a 3rd rd pick in 1983 and played for the Giants from 1983-1989. he was on 1 Super Bowl team with the Giants.

This coming weekend I'm hoping to add a couple of more former Giants to the seatback. I have not decided which players. 6 different players are appearing in 6 different locations and non are on local.

This past week Keith Hernandez and Wally Backman appeared at the Steiner Store here on Long Island. I had started the mini 86 World Series Tix.
I also got Keith to sign a Gold Glove Ball and had him add 11x GG


A few weeks ago, six of the 1969 Mets did a signing at a local museum. I added Art Shamsky and Duffy Dyer to my Shea seatback and had Shamsky Kranepool, Dyer and Ron Swoboda sign post cards that feature the 69 Mets. Sorry no pics of that stuff.


I hope to add those other Giants to the Seatback and then in another week there will be a local card show that will have 4 other 86 Mets signing

Thanks for reading and check back soon.

Comments