Washington Nationals at Mets

Yesterday the Nationals and Mets played game 3 of a 4 game series.The game was a 7pm game and a friend and I arrived at the stadium around 11:45 to graph the Mets parking lot. Since this was the first time at the Citi this season I was not sure what to expect.
Players started to arrive shortly after noon. I was able to get the following outside
Sean Gilmartin, 2 cards. Sean was a 1st rd pick by the Braves in 2011 and was traded to the Twins in December of 2013. Sean was selected in the Rule V draft before the season.
Dilson Herrera, 3 cards. Dilson signed as a free agent in 2010 by the Pirates and came to the Mets in August 2013 in a trade. Dilson was recently recalled from AAA and is currently the youngest player in the Majors
Jerry Blevins, 1 card. Jerty was a 17th rd pick in 2004 by the Cubs. He is a 9 yr major league veteren. He pitched for the A's from 2007-2013 and the Nationals in 2013. Jerry came to the Mets this past March in a trade that the sent Outfield prospect Matt den Dekker to the Nationals. I didn't think he would sign since his arm was broken and in a sling. But, he did
Curtis Granderson, 1 card. Curtis was a 3rd pick in 2002 and is a 12 yr major league veteren. Curtis played for the Tigers from 2004-2009 and was part of a 3 team trade that sent him to the Yankees from in 2010. Curtis signed with the Mets in 2013. Curtis is also a 3x All-Star
Wilmer Flores, 8x10. Wilmer signed as a free agent in 2007
Anthony Recker, 8x10 Anthony was an 18th rd pick in 2005 by the Oakland A's. Anthony came to the Mets in October of 2013 when he was claimed off of waiver from the Cubs. He had a brief stints in 2011 and 2012 with the A's and was traded to the Cubs in August 2012
Daniel Murphy, 8x10 Daniel was a 13th rd pick in 2006 by the Mets

I also got 1 Nationals player
Wilson Ramos, 1 card. Wilson signed as a free agent in 2004 by the Twins. Wilson played a briefly in 2010 with the Twins before being traded to the Nationals






Inside I headed to the 3rd base side for the Nationals. I have not seen that many people on the visiting team side at a Citi since the Yankees visited.
Max Scherzer & Bryce Harper signed briefly. But, none signed were I was standing. Things got ugly with people climbing on each other and I did not bother trying to get anything signed.

I also tried my hand at a grab bag that has some possibilities of getting some nice Game used and autographed items. It is $40. I ended up with a Josh Thole autographed baseball that is MLB certified. I was not to thrilled with it. But, then realized I could have gotten a key chain with dirt from Citi Field.



The promotion for this game was a Jacob deGrom Garden Gnome. Which is basically a booblehead with a head that does not bobble.


My Total so far for the 2015 IP season is now up to 28 autographs

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!!

Comments