Thursday, Game 1 for the Day. Richmond at Binghamton....

As I mentioned in earlier posts I would be going to Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame Classic this past weekend.
As I did last year prior to heading to Cooperstown I usually hit a game on the way up. This year I had the chance to do something I've never done before. I graphed 2 different minor league games in one day. This post will be about the first game of the day which was Game 12 on the season for me.
All Eastern League teams hosted a Educational Kids day with a 10:45 am game start.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels played the Binghamton Mets at NYSEG Stadium. Richmond is the AA affiliate of the San Francisco Giants.
I left Long Island early and got up to Binghamton by 8:15am. This gave me time to graph the B-Mets during BP like I did last season. The public can watch BP from inside the stadium. Ushers typically come around and collect tickets for those who stay in the stadium. Gate open 1 hr prior to first pitch
A bonus for the fans was the Wilmer Flores was in town for rehab. Wilmre only signed 1 card per person. I was hoping since he was on rehab he would sign more.
I graphed the Mets as the players arrived, inside during BP and after the game as the players left and was able to get the following
Dominic Smith, (2) 8x10's. Dom is now 1 per. I gor one photo before the game and the other after the game
Akeel Morris, 4 cards
Tyler Pill, 1 team card
Luis Mateo, 4 cards
Robert Gsellman 4 cards,
Jared King, 2 cards
Derrick Gibson, 1 card
Xorge Carrillo, 1 team card
Pedro Lopez, 2 team cards
Andrew Barbosa, 8x10
Mickey Jannis, 8x10





-


Since this game was a last minute decision, I did not have as many cards for Richmond as I could have. I did get the following,
Kyle Crick, 1 card. I was told by some of the local graphers that Kyle is not fan friendly. So, I guess it was my lucky day. He did only 1 though
Tyler Bedde, 2 cards
Christian Arroyo 1 card
Adalberto Meija, 1 card
Ryder Jones, 3 cards
Kirt Manwaring, 1 custom IC, Kurt is a roving instructor for the Giants and a former major league catcher. Kirt was a 2nd rd pick in 1986 by the Giants. Kirt played 13 seasons in the major with the Giants  1987-1996, Astros 1996 and Rockies 1997-199. In 1993 he won a Gold Glove as a catcher

I was able to get 33 autographs for the game and it brings my total to 139 autographs on the season.

Some Game pics





















Comments