Graphing and Sports is No Longer Important

My last post, I was concerned with missing out on Graphing and the Baseball season for 2020.
That is no longer a concern. My health and the health of my family is now my concern.
The numbers that test positive for Corona is climbing at an alarming rate.
I found the following link useful
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
At the point that I'm writing this, the numbers world wide was approaching 400,000 and over 14,600 deaths. With a little over 33k in the US testing positive with 417 deaths.
Reports that I've heard have said that it is possible that 40% to 60% of the worlds population can test positive.
State Governments around the country have started to implement state wide Lockdowns. New York implemented a State wide Lockdown as of 8pm tonight. March 22nd. As of today the lockdown in New York State is for 2 weeks. I fully expect that to be extended.  Numerous other states have done the same with a possible Country wide lockdown
It is imperative that everyone follows the rules to Flatten the Curve. Stay at home unless you need to shop for groceries or go to the doctor. Many doctors are using Facetime, Skype or similar apps to talk to the patients. So, there is no need for anyone to leave home to talk to a doctor.
Also being effected is the workforce.  The number of unemployment claims have sky rocketed in the last few days and will likely continue to climb. Business are forced to close and layoff employees.
Some are being laid off temporarily.
I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to work from home. Atleast for now.

With this being said, Sports at this point is a non issue and it would be a plus if in a few months baseball or any other sports start up again.

Thank You for Reading, Stay Healthy and Flatten the Curve

Comments