Today the Buffalo Sabers are in to play the Islanders. Its a cold morning and there is not as many graphers around.  A few of us where talking and thought it was odd that the coachs had not walked over as of 9am. Usually there walk over as early as 8am. Then one of the Strength and Conditioning coaches walked by and told us that it was an optional skate and he did not expect any more than 5 or 6 guys to make the walk. I was able to get the following on a 8x10 Logo Sheet:
Andrej Sekera
James Patrick (Coach and Former Ranger, Whaler, Flame and Sabre)
Kevyn Adams (Coach and Former Leafs, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Canes, Coyotes and Blackhawks
Teppo Numminen (Coach and Former Sabre, Star and Coyotes/Jet)
Tyler Ennis
Danny Gare (Commentator and Former Sabre, Red Wings and Oiler
Christian Ehrhoff
Then on there own 8x10's I got the following:
Cody McCormick
Jhonas Enroth
Paul Gaustad
I think I missed 2 or 3 other players.
After we figured that no other players where attending the morning skate I went over to the Islanders side. I had a 16x20 of the Islanders 40th Ann. Logo printed and started to get that signed. Today I added 9 Islanders:
Travis Hamonic
Mark Streit
Kyle Okposo
Tim Wallace
Frans Nielsen
Matt Martin
Milan Jurcina
Evegeni Nabokov
Kevin Poulin
I missed Jay Pandolfo and Marty Reasoner while I was waiting near the ramp. They where parked in above ground lot and decided not to run over. The only other player I saw was Andy MacDonald and he did not stop for us at the top of the ramp. I guess the rest of the team left before I had gotten to the Isles side of the arena
Next Saturday the Carolina Hurricanes will be in. Hopefully its a little warmer out.

Comments