South Maryland Blue Crabs @ Ducks

Last night was the last game of the homestand for the Ducks. I skipped all 3 games of the weekend series with the Skeeters and the Sunday pregame autograph session. So, I decided to go last night.
South Maryland does not have anyone I need except for Chin-lung Hu who is on the DL and is not traveling with the team. So, I decided to do the Ducks for the first time this season. The autograph booth had a local product Chris Flinn. Chris played briefly with the Ducks last season and had not played since 2007 while he was in the Rays systems getting as high as AAA. Signed 2 cards for me.
Then I hung out down near the dugout. I've been taking my own pictures with my new camera. So, I had a few 8x10's. Former Big Leaguer and local product Reid Gorecki. Reid was drafted by the Cardinals and has played 31 games for the Braves in 2009. In 2010 he was in the Yankees system. But, did not play due to injury.
Josh Johnson 8x10, he has played in the Twins, Rays and Astros system getting as high as AAA in 2008.
Mike Loree 8x10, Mike was the league leader in wins last season and if there was a CY Young in the Atlantic League he would have won it. Mike was in the Giants system and got as high as Mid A before he pitched for the Ducks. His contract was purchased by the Pirates late last season and he pitch at AA Altoona for 4 games.
Timo Perez 8x10. The former big leaguer who played for the Mets, White Sox, Cardinals and Tigers. Last season he spent the year in Toledo which is the Tigers AAA team. Batting around 0.200.
Armando Benitez, GU Locker Name Plate. We all know who he pitched for. When ever I get a piece of memorabilia signed the player also asked "Where did you get this" The answer is the same "Ebay" where do these guys think I get this. Another question I've been asked "How much did you pay for it". Armando was great he took his time and gave me a nice auto. Not sure how long he will be around, his ERA is 9.88 after 14 games.


Top left is John Johnson, bottom left is Reid Gorecki, top right is Mike Loree and bottom right is Timo.


I'm sure Armando and Timo are here to bring fans to the stadium. After last nights game they are going to really need the help. The Ducks lost 14-1. Matt Lyons pitched , he is another local product who gave up 6 runs on 4 hits in an 1/3 of inning. Is era after the game was 162.00. Matt has never pitched in affiliated ball and things are not looking good for him. The Ducks released him this morning.
It was a packed house last night, I guess because it was fireworks night.

The Atlantic League splits the season into 2 halves. The Ducks won the division for the first half and are automatically in the playoffs.

As I was leaving I took this photo.

This Saturday I'm thinking of taking the ferry across to Bridgeport to see the Ducks play the Bluefish. The trip takes about 1 1/2 hours and its $25 round trip. The stadium is about 1/4 mile walk.

Thanks for looking and Check back soon!

Comments