Bridgeport Bluefish @ Ducks

Last Saturday I took the ferry across to see the Ducks play the Bluefish. It started raining as soon as we went into the stadium. Ended up sitting around for 3 hrs and watching the rain. Ended up getting shut out as far as autographs.
Last night the Bluefish are in for a 3 game series. So, I had plenty to get signed. Like I had mentioned in an earlier post. Most of the pitchers avoid the dugout before the game by either going to the bullpen the back way or not coming out until after the national anthem. I missed Jonah Bayliss, Juan Rincon and Jesse English.
I was able to get:
Brad Thompson 1 card, Brad pitched has pitched for the Cardinals and most recently with the Royals in 2010.
Joey Gathright, 4 cards. Joey has played in the majors with the Rays, Royals, Cubs and most recently with the Red sox in 2011. He spent the early part of the 2012 season with Louisville, the Reds AAA team.
Shea Hillenbrand, 1 card. Shea has played in the majors with the Red Sox, D-Backs, Jays, Angels and most recently in 2007 with the Dodgers.


Luis Lopez GU Locker name plate from Opening Day in 2003 when he played for the Blue Jays. Luis has also played in the majors with the Expos.

Luis asked "where I got it" and was happy to show it off to the other guys in the dugout.

I also have a Jorge Julio locker name plate which I was hoping to get signed. No luck. Jorge is on the DL and came out after the national anthem.
I was unable to stay after the game and actually left in the 8th at around 10pm.

Here are some more pics of Bethpage Ballpark



Tonight I'm taking a ride to Brooklyn to see the Auburn Doubledays play the Cyclones. Auburn is the SS (A) ball team for the Washington Nationals. Anthony Rendon was the Nationals 2011 1st round pick.
I hear that he signs multiples. Hoping to get him on a OMLB and 2 cards

Thanks for looking and Check back soon


Comments