2012 Baseball Season Final IP Stats

The 2012 IP baseball season is over for me. The Ducks are scheduled to playing game 5 of the ATL Championship vs the Lancaster Barnstormers tonight. But, the weather does not look good for game time. I did not plan on graphing the game anyway since I do not have anything else for either team.
I attended 34 baseball games this season and graphed 32 of them. It was sought of strange to not graph a game and see of the guys hanging out near the dugout getting there stuff signed.
18 Ducks, 6 Brooklyn Cyclones, 4 Mets, 2 Trenton Thunder games and 1 each for the Baltimore Orioles, Bowie Baysox, Rockland Boulders and New Britain Rockcats. Then there was the 1 Bridgeport Bluefish game that never got played due to rain. I did not count that game since it was never started.

My total number of autographs for this season is 494

I've never counted the number for each of the previous seasons. So, I'm not sure how it compares to past seasons. But, I do think it my best season ever.
I was able to get 3 bats, 2 Jerseys and 3 Locker Name plates in addition to baseballs, cards, 8x10's and tix stubs. The highlights for the season would have to be Zach Wheeler, Trevor May, Matt Den Dekker, Rich Schaffer, Brandon Nimmo, Anthony Rendon, Ike Davis, Matt Weiters and Eric Hosmer.
I would have liked to go to more games. But, 34 is not bad.

Things are not looking good for the the NHL and my winter IP season. According to a story on NHL.com, http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=642785. Games up to Oct 24th have been cancelled. This works out to be 82 games in total.  I sure hope these guys can come to agreement and it will be interesting to see how many fans attend games once the season starts.
I may try to graph a couple of Bridgeport Sound Tiger games who are the Islander top minor league team and may also try doing NBA basketball. I also meant to start TTM again. But, never got around to it.

I gotten the chance to meet a lot a nice people this season and have even gotten emails and or FB friend requests from the people I've met this season. I always enjoy sharing and hearing IP stories with everyone. The stories always makes the time waiting around for autographs go faster.
If you ever spot me at an autograph show do not be afraid to say hello.


Since I started to write this. The Long Island Ducks have won the Atlantic League Champion. They did it in dramatic fashion. Dan Lyons put down a squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 9th to score Matt Esquivel for the win. This is the 2nd League Title the Ducks have won. They last won in 2004.
http://liducks.com/

I also attended a card show that featured 4 members of the 69 Mets World Series Team and 1 other Former Met. I've been getting my Shea Stadium seat signed by select players. After Saturday's signing my total is up to 34 autographs.
The auto's added where
Ed Charles, 69 Mets. Mr. Charles had an 8 year carreer. He also played for the Kansas City A's
Jerry Grote, 69 Mets. Mr Grote played for 16 years with the Colt 45's, Mets, Dodgers and Royals
Cleon Jones, 69 Mets. Mr. Jones played for 13 years. 12 with the Mets and his last season was with the White Sox
Wayne Garrett, 69 Mets. Mr. Garrett played 10 years. Mostly for the Mets. He also played for the Expos and Cardinals.
George Foster, 86 Mets. Mr. Foster played for 18 years with the Giants, Reds, Mets and White Sox. He was also a member of the Big Red Machine in the 70's. He was a 5x All-Star and the NL MVP in 1977. Mr. Foster was not on the World Series team of 1986. He was  released in early august of 86 and signed with the White Sox for the remainder of the season and then retired.

This coming weekend I hoping to attend a show that includes former Jets that I will add to my Shea Stadium seat bottom that I started. It currently has Wesley Walker and Freeman McNeil on it.

I would like to Thank You all of you for reading. Hopefully next baseball season is better in the way of IP success

Comments