Devils at Islanders on Saturday...

The NHL season finally started and the season opener for the Islanders was at home yesterday vs. New Jersey Devils.
I got there around 8:15 and most of the coaches walked already. The Devils players started to walk around 9 or so and  with there being so many young Islanders and new guys picked up off waivers in the last few days. There where about 5 Islanders that also walked.
I'm sure most of you want to know about Brodeur, well he did not walk either way. I've been told he has never walked.
I got the following Devils on a 8x10 of center Ice at the Rock.
David Clarkson, Jacob Josefson, Krystofer Barch, Steve Bernier, Cam Janssen, Mark Fayne, Andy Green, Peter Harrold, Anton Volchenkov, Marek Zidlicky, Johan Hedberg, Henrik Tallinder and Jacques Lemaire.
On there own 8x10's I got the following Devils, Chris Terreri, Bryce Salvador, Brian Gionta, Patrick Elias, Ryan Carter, Adam Larsson, Scott Stevens, Dainuis Zubrus. Also got Terreri on 1 card. He is the goalie coach
When I got Salvador he surprised me. His photo was abit dark and he acutally looked for a light spot to sign. He had no real choice. But, it did not come out to bad. Most players like to sign the dark spots.
Elias took the bus before the morning skate and walked back afterwards. He made everyone walk the 100 yards or so when he signed. I was not to happy with mine and I will try him again next time the Devils are in.
The only Devil to flat out refuse to sign was Ilya Kovalchuk. Like Elias, he took the morning bus. But, walked back afterwards. Most of us walked with him and others where begging him and he just said "No". He wouldn't even personalize when people asked.
I also got a few Islanders, 8x10's of Tom Hickey, recently acquired off waivers and rookie Casey Cizikas. I missed out on newly aquired Keith Aucoin and Joe Finley because I did not have anything for them.
The only other Islander I got was Michael Grabner on a puck. I didn't really try to hard for others. I left with 6 unsigned Islanders 8x10's. But, I will have at least 6 other chances to get them.


Someone came up to me an introduced themselves and told me that you read this blog often. You came pretty late. I don't remember your name. I turned around for a minute and you where gone. You should not have left there was still a few guys left. So, big names though.

The Lighting are in tomorrow for a day game. But, I do not have MTL day off. My next chance at auto's is again vs. the Devils on Feb. 3rd. I will probably go back and see if Brodeur walks and get more Islanders.

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!

Comments

Unknown said…
yeah man that was me. I didn't plan on going, but basketball practice ended early so I thought why not take a shot? once you told me however...I just left lol, even though I probably should've stayed. I will also go on the 3rd to try and get the guys I need. I'm doing an 03 devils sc project, and I need Elias, and Stevens. For 3:00 do you go before or after? What time before? I'd assume mad early...
Thanks for thinking of me man! I'll be sure to be on the lookout for you soon :)

-Jason
gnsouth1@yahoo.com