Red Wings @ Islanders

This past Saturday the Detroit Red Wings came to town. It was just my 2nd time I have done hockey this season. Been pretty busy at work.
It didn't seem like it was going to be a good day for autographs. Coaches didn't come out until later then normal. The Red Wings had played the night before in Detroit and the morning skate turned out to be optional. It seemed like the only players that skated were the goalies and some of the injured guys.
Most of the players who walked in the morning signed expect for Jimmy Howard, Todd Bertuzzi and Chris Osgood. They said they would sign on the way back.
I started my typical logo sheet and was able to get the following on it
Drew Miller, 6th rd pick in 2003 by the Ducks. Has also played for the Ducks and Lighting
Tomas Tatar, 2nd rd pick in 2009 by the Wings.
Stephen Weiss, 1st rd pick in 2001 by the Panthers
Brendan Smith, 1st rd pick in 2007 by the the Wings
Jonas Gustavsson, undrafted. Played 3 season with the Maple Leafs before joining the Wings last season
Mike Babcock, Current Head Coach
Tom Renney, Former Ranger Head Coach, currently associate coach

On 8x10's
Chris Osgood, 3rd pick in 1991 by the Wings. He played from 1992-2011. Has played for the Islanders and Blues. Currently he is the Wings Goaltending Development Coach. Chris signed on the walk back like he said he would.
Johan Franzen, 3rd pick in 2004 by the Wings


The only players I didn't get who walked was Todd Bertuzzi. I did not have an 8x10 or cards for him. He signed on the walk back. But, did'nt look to happy about signing. He made everyone walk with him as he signed. Besides the graph he was giving was not worth the effort.

On the Islanders side I got
Peter Regin, 8x10. 3rd rd pick in 2004 by Ottawa
Thomas Vanek, 8x10. 1st rd pick of 2003 by the Sabres. Thomas was recently aquired in a trade.
Matt Donovan, Custom IC. 4th rd pick in 2008 by the Islanders
Butch Goring, Custom IC. Played in the NHL from 1969-1987 with the LA Kings, Islanders and Bruins. He currently is the TV Color commentator for the Islanders.

The Islanders have made a changes outside the colisuem and they are not good changes as far as graphing goes. The ramp from under the arena were players park. Now has railings on either side of the driveway. In the past the players could stop and sign from inside the cars. Now the only way to get auto's is if the player stops and gets out of his car.

The next Islanders saturday game is Nov 30th. But, I will be away.  So, I'm not sure when I will be doing any IP stuff.
I am going to the Giants @ Redskins game in Washingon on Dec 1st. Last year I did get 2 auto. So, who knows what I will get.
Because of the new rules regarding bags in NFL stadium. I will only be brings in custom football index cards and a sharpie. So, If I get the chance, I will get whoever on a custom.

Thanks for Looking and Check Back Soon!!!

Comments