Giants @ Redskins...

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.
This past weekend I went down to DC for the Giants @ Redskins game. This was the second year I've gone down for a Redskins game. Hopefully I will go down once a year from now on.
Its great to go and watch a game at the home of your favorite team. Regardless of the sport.
                                          Fed Ex from a distance as we walked from the train

After a 20 min walk we got to the stadium around 6pm. The gates opened up at 6:30. I headed over to the Comcast stage were last year I was able to get Clinton Portis's autograph. This time there was nobody at the stage. But, noticed a crowd and notice John Riggins speaking to the crowd. John Riggins is probably one of the best RB's in Skins history. Riggins was selling some kind of hunting gadget. Not really interested in what he was selling I still hung around hoping to get his autograph. A short time after he stop speaking an announcement was made that a line was forming to have your photo taken with him. As I waited online I notice he was signing. But, not for everyone. But, figured it would not hurt to ask and he said he had no time. Still happy I got a picture with him.

When the gates opened I headed down to the tunnel area to try to get some Redskins. There was alot of people down there already and didn't think I had a chance. I was happy to get anyone. I was able to get myself in a decent place and was able to get 4. All on the generic custom cards.
Reed Doughty, S. Reed was a 6th rd pick by the Redskins in 2006
Brandon Meriweather, FS. Brandon was a 1st rd pick in 2007 by the Patriots. Also played for the Bears before siging as a FA in 2012 with the Redskins.
Tyler Polumbus, OT. Tyler has also played with Denver, Seattle and Detroit before signing with the Redskins in 2011.
The last guy was dressed in a suit. Not really sure who he was. I figured I was just getting the customs signed. Why not. I thought I head the name  Darrell Smith. But, couldn't find a former Redskin by that name.
I will do a little more investigating on who it was and will revise the post once I figure it out. An inscription was added and I can't seem to make it out.
If I had been on the field or in a better location I probably would have gotten 12 guys or so. I'm still happy with who I did get.
The game started and we had some nice seats. We sat on the 10 yard line, 15 rows back.






                                                                    That guy named Eli
                                                             Hienz Ward during pregame
                                                               Josh Morgan to start the game
RGIII ready to make a pass
Probably the best pic I took during the game. This was the view from our seats.
Chief Zee and I. The Chief is an unofficial mascot who attends all home games and can be seen in the lower level of the stadium
The Redskins jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Only to loose 27-17. The skins dropped alot of passes and got a lot of stupid penalties. 
I still had a great time and hope to get back every year for at least one game.

Earlier in the day we went on a Nationals Stadium tour. I will write a post about that later.

Thanks for Reading and Check Back soon!!

Comments