2014 IP season in review

This season I was hoping to get to many more games than I did in 2013, which was 42. Unfortunately I made it to the same number of games as last season. But, I guess its better than attending less games.

I added one new stadium to my list of stadiums I've seen games at. Which was Hudson Valley, the Short Season Single A Affiliate of the Tampa Rays.
The bulk of the games were Ducks games, which was 18. Then 7 Mets games, 6 Brooklyn Cyclones games, 2 in Staten Island, 1 each in Lakewood, Trenton, Hudson Valley, Bowie, Baltimore, Scranton, Binghamton, Wilmington and then the NY-Penn League All-Star Game which was hosted by the Brooklyn  Cyclones and then the Hall of Fame Classic, which is played in Cooperstown at Historic Doubleday Stadium

The one thing I exceeded was the number of autographs I got for the season. In 2013 I got 684 autographs.
This season I got 708. The only GU item I got signed this season was a Locker Plate signed by former Yankee Steve Garrison.
Of the 708, 5 are Hall of Famers. Ozzie Smith, Roberto Alomar, Phil Neikro and Rollie Fingers who I got in Cooperstown during the Hall of Fame Classic weekend. Then while in Baltimore I was able to get Twins coach Paul Molitor.
 I got 12 of the Top 100 Prospects in baseball. No. 27 Alex Meyer, 28 Josh Bell, 38 Raul Mondesi, 59 Kevin Plawecki, 60 Brandon Nimmo, 62 Luis Severino, 66 Sean Manaea, 69 Gary Sanchez, 79 Michael Conforto, 81 Dominic Smith, 87 Miguel Almonte and 95 Rafael Montero. Last season I did a little better and got 17 of the Top 100.

Another highlight was getting thirty 8x10's signed during the autograph session before the NY-Penn League All-Star game.

Also during the season I got three 2014 1st rd picks. Astros-Derek Fisher, Rays-Casey Gillaspie and Mets-Michael Conforto

One interesting auto I got this season was from a potential NBA Hall of Famer who was trying his hand at pitching. Tracy McGrady. He did not fair to well as a pitcher and retired at the All-Star Break. He was not easy to get. But, I did manage to get him on one basketball card.

Overall I got more autos this season. But, I got less prospects and bigger name players.

Hopefully next year is better.

I may do some hockey this winter. But, not as much as I've done in the past.

Its been a fun season and I look forward to writing more posts next season
I do plan on writing a few Where are they now? posts during the winter.

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!

Comments