Patriots at Ducks Game 1 Playoffs

Game 44 on the season was last night when the Ducks hosted the Somerset Patriots in Game 1 of the 2015 Atlantic League Division playoffs. The Ducks finished as the Wild Card team. So, the Patriots have home field.
I didn't get a chance to graph much of the Patriots this season, Jon Hunton did a great job putting together a team full of former major leaguers who have plenty of cards. I'm sure he was thinking of us graphers, LOL
I did get the following from the Patriots:
Buddy Boshers, 3 cards. Buddy was a 4th rd pick in 2008 by the Angels and pitched in 25 games in 2013 for them.
Andrew Carnignan, 4 cards. Andrew was a 5th rd pick in 2007 by the A's and pitched in the majors in brief stints in 2011 and 2012
Gus Schlosser, 4 cards. Gus was a 17th rd pick in 2011 by the Braves and pitched in 15 games for the Braves in 2014. Gus started the 2015 season in New Britain, the Rockies AA team.
Robert Andino, 4 cards
Nate Spears, 2 cards. Nate was a 5th rd pick in 2003 by the Orioles. Nate played in 3 games with the Red Sox in 2011 amd 4 games in 2012
Johnny Tucker, 1 card



I was able to 18 autographs on the night.This brings me to 784 autographs on the season

The Ducks lost game 1. But, made the game interesting in the 9th.and couldn't score the runs to win it.

I also went to Game 2 of the playoffs. But, did not graph the game. It was a little strange. The Ducks won game 2 with former Astros Pitcher Darin Downs going 6 with a no-hitter. But, the bullpen blew the lead.  But, the Ducks came back in the 9th to win the game

Now the series moves to Somerset tied up 1-1. I plan on going on Saturday and I doubt I will graph


Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!!

Comments