Giants at Mets, Syndergaard Garden Gnome.....

Yesterday was game 4 on the season and the first Mets game for me. The San Francisco Giants are in town for a 4 game series and this was game 3.
Todays promotion is the Noah Syndergaard Garden Gmone. Noah's garden gnome presale on ebay for a minimum of about $100. The game was close to a sell out.
Ricky Bones, 4 cards, Ricky signed as a free agent in 1986 with the Padres and pitched in 11 major league seasons with the Padres 1991, Brewers 1992-1996, Yankees 1996, Reds 1997, Royals 1997-1998, O's 1999 and Marlins 2000-2001. Ricky is currently the Mets bull pen coach. I got Ricky outside before the game
Juan Lagares, 8x10, Juan signed as a free agent in 2006 with the Mets and has been in the majors since 2013 and won a Gold Glove in centerfield in 2014. I got Juan outside before the game
Logan Verrett, 1 card, Logan was a 3rd rd pick in 2011 by the Mets and made his major league debut in 2015 after being selected in the Rule V draft by the Orioles, The Ranger then selected Logan off of waivers and pitched briefly with the Rangers in 4 games before being returned to the Mets. I got Logan outside before the game.
Curtis Granderson, 2 cards. I've gotten Grandy numerous times and can also count on him signing outside before the game
Jim Henderson, 2 card, Jim was a 26th rd pick in 2003 by the Expos. Jim made his major league debut in 2012 with the Brewers. Jim also spent time in the Expos/Nationals and Cubs system before making his big league debut. Jim was signed during spring training as a non-roster invitee and showed he can pitch in the majors. Jim was injured most of the 2015 season. But, was the Brewers closer in 2013 with 28 saves


I headed into the stadium and first went to the Mets side of the stadium. I just missed Michael Conforto signing. I then headed over to the Giants side and just missed Hunter Pence. So, I got shut out inside the stadium.
I did manage to get 2 Giants though outside.
Before the game I was able to get Jeff Samardzija on a OMLB on the SS. Jeff was a 5th rd pick in 2006 by the Cubs. Jeff has pitch in 9 major league seasons with the Cubs 2008-2014, A's 2014, White Sox 2015 and then signed with the Giants before the 2016 season. Jeff was an All-Star in 2014. Jeff was a 2 sport star while playing Baseball and Football at Notre Dame and was an All- American as both a Baseball and Football Player. Jeff intended on playing in both the NFL and MLB. But, finally decided on baseball after being drafted by the Cubs.
After the game I got Johnny Cueto on a OMLB on the SS. Johnny came out and said he would not sign. But, eventually signed for about 5 or 6 people. Johnny signed as a free agent in 2004 by the Reds and has pitched in the majors for the last 9 seasons. Reds 2008-2015 and then traded to the Royals in the trade deadline and won a World Series Ring with the Royals beating the Mets. Johnny was an All-Star in 2014 having his best season by far going 20-9 with a 2025 era and striking out 242



Angel Pagan turned us down outside after the game. He was with his family that I did not even see until he told me no.


I did not bring my good camera because I had no room in my bag. But, did take a few pics with my old Nikon point and shoot camera












It was a decent day getting 13 autographs which brings me to 49 autographs after 4 games so far.

Next up will be at least 1 Ducks game this week. The Ducks then go on the road for a brief 3 game series in Bridgeport before coming back home with a 6 game home stand with the 3 games each vs the Patriots and Blue Crabs
Later this month I have the annual Memorial Day weekend trip to Cooperstown. So, far in addition to Cooperstown the plan is to start the trip in Syracuse and then Binghamton after Cooperstown

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!!

Comments