Games 49 - 61 for 2016

I fell so far behind on writing post for the rest of the games of the 2016 season, This post the will roughly go over the remainder of the games I attended.
The last post I wrote about was Game 48. Games 49-61 consisted of games in Binghamton, Scranton, Bridgeport,  Rockland and 5 of the 6 World Baseball Classic Qualifying games held at MCU Park and of course games at Bethpage Ballpark which I consider my home stadium.
After the minor league baseball season ended the Binghamton Mets rebranded the team and held a Garage Sale. I drove up to Binghamton, spent 1.5 hrs shopping and on my way home I realized that the Can-Am Championship was final game was being played at Palisades Credit Union Park, which is home of the Rockland Boulders. The Boulders hosted the Ottawa Champions. The Champions won the Championship in exciting game.

Some of the memorablia I picked up in Binghamton
 B-Mets Manager Pedro Lopez's helmet he wore during the games while he coached the bases
 Locker Room chair


Stadium section signs. I bought No. 5, hoping to get David Wright to sign on

The last 6 games of the season consisted of one Ducks playoff game in which they lost and were eliminated by the Patriots and 5 WBC games.
The WBC games were qualifying round games held in Brooklyn. These games featured teams from Israel, Great Britain, Pakistan and Brasil.
Out the four teams only Pakistan had no players with any kind of professional experience playing in organized baseball.
Brasil had the following players you may be familiar with, Dante Bichette Jr (Yankee prospect and son of former Big Leaguer Dante Bichette, Andre Rienzo (Former White Sox Prospect), Luis Paz (Dodger catching prospect) amongest other lesser known minor leaguers. Brasil was Managed by HOFer and former Reds shortstop Barry Larkin. Other coachs for Great Britain were Steve Finley and LaTroy Hawkins. Larkin was not easy to get and I managed to 1 autograph from Larkin on a HOF Ball
Israel had Ike Davis, Nate Freiman, Jason Marquis, Craig Breslow, Josh Zeid and Ryan Larvarnway, other less known minor leaguers. Jerry Narron, former Big League Manager and catcher was one of the coaches for Israel
Great Britain had alot of lesser known minor leaguers. The pitching coach was HOFer and former Closer Trevor Hoffman. Hoffman was also not easy and I managed to get him on an 8x10
 Barry Larkin
 Mike Nickaes GU Bat, Former Mets catcher and Great Britain Hitting coach

 Trevor Hoffman



 Cory Baker Cardinals prospect (My photo)
 Jason Marquis (My photo)
 Ike Davis (My photo)
 Ike Davis (My photo)
 White Sox propect and Israel's Cloer Brad Goldberg (My photo)
Replica Lineup card from the 2013 qualifying game
 Former Met 1st basemen Josh Satin
 Steve Finley
 GU Ike Davis Locker Name Plate
 Misc. Team Israel, Including Ike Davis

 Luis Paz




Dante Bichette was in the stands rooting on his 2 sons, Dante Jr and Bo

I managed to get 71 autographs in the 5 games

I also attended the Red Sox Winter weekend for the 3rd year in a row at Foxwoods. It was a complete bust. Most players only signed during the autograph sessions and this year I only had 2 sessions. In the past there was always sessions available to purchased the first day of the event. But, this year the event sold out 3 weeks prior to the event. I did manage to get 14 autographs

The morning of the first day of the Red Sox event, there was another event held at the Mohegan Sun, The World Coaching Conferance that featured John Smoltz. Also appearing was Rich Hill who I was not prepared for. I got him on a generic custom

My 2016 season total was a seasons best 941 autographs, then again I got to almost 20 more games than in the past seasons.

As of today my overall total between IP and authentic autographs is 9,638, of those 8,609 are baseball related

I've added some other stuff over the winter and I will write a post about some of the interesting experiences I've had

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!


Comments