Game 4 Kannapolis Intimadators at Lakewood Blue Claws

Game 4 on the season and the 2nd game this weekend was in Lakewood NJ, which is the home of the Mid Level A affiliates of the Phillies.
I only planned this game a few days ago and didnt have any cards to get signed. The goal for this trip was Mickey Moniak, who was the Phillies 1st rd pick in 2016 and was also the #1 pick in the draft overall and is currently the No. 2 in the Phillies system behind J.P. Crawford. He is currently listed in the MLB Top 100 at No. 17.  He is hitting 0.284. If he keeps those numbers up and he could be promoted to Clearwater by the All-Star Break. According to MLB.com his ETA in the majors in 2019. Moniak played the 2016 season in GCL and skipped Williamsport this season and was sent to Lakewood. I brought two 8x10's with me and got both signed. One was signed inside after fielding practice and the other outside after the game. I had heard he was tough. But, signed alot after the game. For those who plan on getting him. He will personalize if you ask him to add 2016 1st rd pick.


I had 2 other 8x10's to get signed and both were on the Kannapolis side.
I  got Alec Hansen, who was a 2nd rd pick in 2016 and is ranked No. 9 of the White Sox Top 30
The other photo was from the World Baseball Classic in Brooklyn of Team Israel celebrating. The plan is to get as many of the guys to sign it as I can. Alex Katz is a reliever on Kannapolis and is also from Long Island.
I wore my Team Israel hat and Katz's dad complimented it. I had a nice conversation with his parents about the trip to South Korea and there experience in South Korea before the players came out. When Alex came out he signed the photo and we talked alittle.
I can probably get a handful of guys to sign the photo this year. I already missed out on 2 guys who were in the Atlantic League till yesterday. Nate Freiman's contract was purchased by a team in Mexico and Jeremy Bleich's contract was purchased by the Dodgers

These 4 autographs brings me to a season total of 59.

I have one more game to write about this weekend and I hope to get it done in the next day or so.

My next game will most likely next Friday when the Ducks return home and face the Southern Maryland Bluecrabs

Thanks for Reading and Check Back Soon!!!!

Comments