Bridgeport Bluefish @ LI Ducks

Last night the Bluefish played the Ducks in the second game of a 3 game series.
Last night I headed over to the Bluefish side and was able to get the following inside
Prentice Redman, 2 cards. He had a short stint with the Mets in 2003 and has since been in the minors with the Cards, Mariners and Dodgers. He is not usually very friendly when it comes to signing. One thing I saw that surprised me was after his last AB of the game he lined out to the 3rd baseman as he was walking back into the dugout there was a a young kid sitting near the dugout and he gave the kid his bat. At first the kid just looked at him as if he didn't understand. But, then took it. Sought of changed my opinion of him
Pedro Lopez, 2 cards. He has played in the majors with the White Sox and Reds
Armando Benitez, 2 cards. Armando was in the autograph booth before the game. Armando came out of retirement to pitch for the Ducks this season. We all know who Armando is Right? He has pitched in the majors for the O's, Mets, Yanks, Mariners, Jays, and Giants
Eddie Rodgers, 2 cards. He has played in the majors with the O's and has also played in the Redsox, Nationals and D-Backs systems.
Most of the pitchers now go the back way to the bullpen and we never see them in the dugout before the game and I had planned on waiting outside anyway. Because I had a bat for Tobi Stoner the former Met. He was a real nice about signing and was pretty surprised to see that I had one of his bats. Tobi also signed 2 cards for me. I was also waiting for Wynn Pelzer, Jonah Bayliss and Jesse English. But, it was already 10:45 and I had to get up at 5am. So, I left. My main goal was the Stoner bat and was happy with getting it signed.
The Ducks are on the road until June 14th. I was thinking of going to Trenton on saturday to get the Binghamton Mets. But, I'm not sure if I'm going or not.

For those of you who have not been to Bethpage ballpark the home of the Ducks. Here are some pics. Which include QuackerJack and the famous hot dog race.




When the park opened in April of 2000 it was known as EAB Park, I thought the stadium was pretty nice for a minor league park. But, since I've been to some of the newer stadiums. I thinks its just average. The one thing I like about some of the other stadiums that Bethpage Ballpark does not have is a concourse around the entire playing field. Since the stadium opened it was known as EAB for the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Then it was Citiank Park from 2002-2009, then for the 2010 season it was just called Suffolk County Sports Park. Which is the name of the county in which it is located. In 2011 it was renamed Bethpage Ballpark. I found this name to be abit odd. Because Bethpage is a town here on Long Island that is a 40 min drive away But, the name is really for Bethpage Bank. There is no Islip Bank

Comments