Local Show

Since the NHL is in a lockout I guess I will only be writing about the autographs I get at shows.

Today I went to a show that featured the "Jets Sack Exchange". I had all 4 players sign my Shea Stadium Seat Bottom
The name "Sack Exchange" originated in 1981 at Shea Stadium and was given to 4 members of the NY Jets. Abdul Salaam, Joe Klecko, Marty Lyons and Mark Gastineau
Marty Lyons played for the Jets his entire career from 1979 to 1989. Mr Lyons at 29 sacks in 147 games.
Abdul Salaam played for the Jets his entire career from 1976 to 1983 Mr. Salaam had 2.5 sack in 97 games.
Joe Klecko played for the Jets from 1977 to 1987. In 1988 he played for the Indy Colts. Mr. Klecko had 24 sack in 10 seasons. He is a 4x Pro Bowlers and 2x All-Pro
Mark Gastineau played for the Jets from 1979 to 1988. and played in the CFL (Canadian Football League) in 1990 with the BC Lions. Mr. Gastineau had 107.5 sack in 138 games. He is a 5x Pro Bowlers and 5x All-Pro. In 1984 he was the UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year and Pro-Bowl MVP.

Typically at the these shows you get 1 autograph free with paid admission. Today it was 2 football players
Freeman McNeil and Wesley Walker. Both former Jets whom I already had on the seat bottom, So, I got them on 8x10's
Wesley Walker played for the Jets his entire career at wide receiver from 1977-1989 and was a 2x Pro Bowler. Mr. Walker had caught 438 passes for 8306 yards and 71 touchdowns.
Freeman McNeil played for the Jets his entire career as a running back from 1981-1992 and was a 3x Pro Bowler and 3x All-Pro. Mr. McNeil had had a total of 8,074 yards rushing and had 38 TD's. He was the Jets All-Time leading rusher until Curtis Martin broke his record.

Also at the show was "Mr Cub" himself  Ernie Banks. Mr. Banks played his entire career with the Chicago Cubs and wasvoted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1977. He also won the NL MVP in 1958 and 1959 and was an 11x All-Star. He also won the Gold Glove while playing SS in 1960.

Also at the show was Rusty Staub, who I already have on numerous items and "The Wizard of Oz" Ozzie Smith. I chose not to get Ozzie Smith this time around. I usually decide who I will get at the shows based on how old the player is and there health. I've passed up Ernie Banks alot in the past. So, I decided to get him now.

According to reports yesterday on NHL.com. Game have been cancelled up to November 1st.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643820
Negotiations are ongoing. I sure hope that they can come to an agreement soon. I just wonder if fans will go to games once they reach an agreement on a new CBA? I guess time will tell.

The only thing I have planned at this moment is a a local signing by former Yankee and current Dodger manager Don Mattingly.

Thanks for reading and Check Back soon!!!



Comments